Here are a few more statistics to add to the above list:
• 1,700,000 British citizens now at risk of Poverty
• 6,442,000 employees paid below a Living Wage
• 300,000 children still in Child Poverty
• 800,000 people in Fuel Poverty
• An estimated 960,000 people to use Food Banks in 2014 – a massive increase since the
Con/Dems took over
• 700,000 households being hit with the Bedroom Tax
• 500,000 Disabled people being forced to work unpaid
• 1,400,000 people forced to work unpaid
• 430,000 businesses/people declared bust
• 2,500,000 patients waiting 4+ hours at A&Es
• 500,000+ Public Sector Workers axed
• 2,400,000 people hit by Council Tax hike
• 500,000 students hit with £9k Tuition Fees
• 1,000,000 young people hit by the scrapping of EMA
• 5,600,000 workers hit with Wage Freezes
• There has been a massive increase in the use of “Zero Hours” contracts that exploit workers by
not giving them paid leave, sick pay etc.
• Bank bonuses are up 64%
• Electricity prices are up 22-39% in price since May 2010
• The Government has cut the 50p rate' High Earner Tax by 10%
• The Government has slashed a worker's right to 90 days Redundancy Notice and introduced
Employment Tribunal fees making it much harder for ordinary workers to fight dismissal.
• Private health care firms with Tory links have been awarded NHS contracts worth nearly
The Government front benches are crammed with multi- millionaires, who will never have to worry about turning the heating off in winter because they can’t afford the bills. Will never have to claim Social Security or rely on food banks because their benefits have been slashed, or face eviction from their council houses because they can’t afford to pay the rent. They will never have to worry about how they are going to get their children through University because of the massive hike in tuition fees. The plain fact is that life is now much harder for lower and middle income families
David Cameron, Gideon Osbourne et al do not represent “the people”- they represent the rich. This Con/Dem government is a class-based government in thrall to the business and financial elite. It is a government for the bankers, rich Tory donors and the vested interests of the wealthy. It is not on the side of ordinary people.
Therefore it would seem some are recovering a lot faster than others Mr Barwell.