If you want to help Croydon recover, come and spend some money in the town centre this weekend
Hundreds of people have contacted me over the last 10 days to ask what they can do to help Croydon get back on its feet.
The rioting on 8th August directly affected about 200 businesses but it has impacted many more businesses since because the number of people going into the town centreto shop, have a meal or have a night out is down.
So if you want to help Croydon recover, come and spend some money in the town centre this weekend. I will be doing just that with my family on Saturday. The Mayor of London and the Council have announced a range of offers for Saturday and Sunday including:
- free tram travel over the weekend;
- free parking on-street and in the Council's surface car parks throughout the town centre;
- discounted £2 all-day parking at Whitgift, Centrale and Allders car park;
- free children’s play area at Beanies (Saturday only); and
- free face painting at Croydon Visitor Centre (Saturday only).
For more weekend discounts in Croydon, see here.
Even before last week’s events, many people had stopped going to the town centre. It’s time we reclaimed it. Both the Government and the Mayor have this week announced help for Croydon but ultimately the future of our town centre lies in our hands.
Please pass this information on to your neighbours and friends in the Croydon area.