I am currently looking to recruit full or part-time caseworkers to work in the office I will be opening in the constituency. A job description based on a template provided by The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority is below. If you are interested, please email a CV and covering letter setting out what qualities you would bring to the job to email@example.com by close of play on Friday 21st May.
• Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with the MP, Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
• Attend surgeries and other meetings to assist the MP in dealing with constituents’ issues.
• Deal with daily queries from members of the public by phone, email, letter or in person.
• Gather relevant information from constituents.
• Take the appropriate initial action to resolve or escalate their concerns or enquiries.
• Manage progress of casework, ensuring all cases are updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up.
• Draft responses to constituents on behalf of the Member.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner.
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
• Ensure records of contact with constituents are kept with details of each case, adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respecting the confidentiality of data at all times.
• Undertake general administrative/secretarial tasks.
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required.
• Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above.
• Any other duties related to the post and appropriate to the pay band as directed and agreed by the MP.