Croydon Police are holding an open day at Croydon Police Station, 71 Park Lane from 11am to 4pm on Sunday 21st March (last entry is at 3.30pm). It is intended to be a fun, family day out, which will give people a behind the scenes look into the work of their local police and an increased understanding of what they do and why they do it.
Some of the units and attractions that will be there on the day include:
- mounted police
- police drugs dogs;
- “CO19” firearms unit;
- a joint emergency services rescue reconstruction with local Fire Brigade and Ambulance service attending;
- vintage police vehicle fleet and historical artefacts;
- forensics demonstrations and presentations;
- tours of Croydon Custody suite;
- crime prevention advice and information packs;
- Safer Neighbourhoods staff available to talk about local issues in your area;
- officer safety demonstrations;
- “TSG” (specialist Public Order police units);
- Aerial Support Unit (Police Helicopter); and
- You London (uniformed youth organisations including police and army cadets among others).