The Post Office network is currently being modernised to enable branches to run more efficiently and provide more convenient services for customers. I’m pleased to report that Morland Road Post Office is one of those to be upgraded.
The plan is for the branch to be open for longer (6am to 10.30pm Mondays to Fridays compared with 9am to 5.30pm currently and 7am to 10.30pm Saturdays & Sundays compared with 9am to 12.30 pm currently). Nearly all Post Office products and services will be available within the refurbished branch, the only exception being “on demand travel insurance” though there will be a “travel insurance referral” service, and services will be offered from a low-screened, open plan style service point, integrated into the retail counter.
The branch may need to close for up to seven days during April or May 2016 while it is being refurbished.
The Post Office are consulting on their plans and want to know your views on the following questions:
1. Why you use this Post Office and what you like about it?
2. What you think about the proposed new-look Post Office? For example the Post Office service point would be on the retail counter, so is there anything you’d like to ask us or would like us to take into consideration about the proposed location of the Post Office till or the queuing area?
3. What you think about any changes to the opening hours?
4. If you have any comments about how you will access the Post Office products and services that won’t be available at the branch if the change goes ahead?
5. If you have any comments about the potential closure period during the refurbishment or access to other branches in the area?
Residents can make their opinions known by emailing email@example.com or visiting the Post Office website.